If you are looking to join a great company that is committed to delivering high-level client and employee satisfaction then Brams is the company for you! We are a growing Cloud Managed Services provider with a great history of supporting Cloud-based operations globally for more than a decade.
Cloud Sales engineer
We are looking for a Sales Engineer to join our sales team in Dubai. This position encompasses all aspects of managing the technical sale with the customer and aligning proposed solutions with the client’s technical capabilities to help drive revenue. The Sales Engineer is responsible to introduce cloud technologies to our customers, help prospective customers to understand the power of cloud technologies, explaining technical features and problem-solving any potential roadblocks. The ideal candidate – in collaboration with the team – will enhance customer experience, increase capacity to innovate, and speed up time to value by providing the tools and culture to facilitate efficient release, predictability, and success.
- Represent the company’s technical capabilities to prospective customers and existing customer base, and influence customer expectations according to product and management capabilities and constraints.
- Determine client requirements and provide designs for complex managed hosting, cloud computing, managed database solutions, and managed storage/backup/DR solutions.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and prototype cloud product integrations in customer environments.
- Manage the technical relationship with customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using cloud best practices,
- Work with our operations and engineering teams to provide pre- and post-sale support as needed to clarify service expectations, including providing diagrams, verbal explanation, and written documentation.
- Develop and grow internal technical knowledge base on the entire cloud infrastructure stack, and present ongoing technical training to Sales and operations teams.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
- Meet and exceed management targets for number and complexity of sales opportunities supported, closed, and training completed.
Required skills and experience
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Understanding and mastery of the consultative sales process coupled with pre-sales design and implementation expertise in complex hosting, cloud computing and web application environments.
- Significant experience in the design of distributed, high availability server-based network computing infrastructures; Cloud / Virtualized / Storage network experience is desirable.
- Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies.
- Experience in presenting with confidence, deliver technical pitches and act as the technical authority during the sales process – performing needs assessments, making recommendations based on the discovered needs
- Be able to work with a wide variety of stakeholders to gather needed information from opportunity discovery to the closing of the sale
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience with networking concepts including: routing, VPNs, load balancers, and firewalls.
- Experience in and understanding of data and information management – especially as it relates to big data trends and issues within businesses.
- Experience architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
Education and certifications
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Good level in English (speaking & writing)